- You can now choose which entities are exposed to the Amazon Echo via the user interface.
- If you have previously configured entity include/exclude filters, you’ll need to remove these to configure entity via the interface.
- There is an option to send state changes to Amazon. With this enabled, you can use the Amazon Echo app on your phone to create routines based on activities.
For example, announce the weather when an input_boolean turns on perhaps
- Better support for moving Home Assistant installations
If you’re living on a boat, or RV which moves around, Home Assistant now has support to update the GPS coordinates of the home location.
Use the new service homeassistant.set_location service
- Adguard Component
Adguard is a network-wide ad blocking system. With this component you can now control it from the Home Assistant front-end, and even automate it.
Some examples include blocking social media sites during the day, and then re-enabling them in the evening, Or perhaps automating the adult filter to only turn on when you’re home alone 😉
If you’re using HASS IO there is a Adguard component available for one-click setup!
- Google Cloud Text to Speech
This new text to speech provider is a paid text to speech service from google, offering over 100 voices in 20 languages. There’s two pricing options available, with the more natural sounding voices using WaveNet technology at $16 USD per 1 million characters. Non WaveNet voices are $4 per 1 million characters.
- Queensland Bushfire Alerts
If you’re in Queensland Australia, Home Assistant can now know about bushfire events in your area!
- Life360 Integration is now official
The Life360 integration has been broken for a while, but its now back! If you were testing things out with the custom Life360 component, you’ll need to watch out for this release and upgrade to the official component.
- Uber is gone
Uber have closed their public API, and Home Assistant component has been removed.
On June 13 Uber closed its public API with less than a weeks notice. The API allowed third parties including Home Assistant to see realtime ETA and pricing information for Uber.