- Paulus and team have been working on a new UI for HASS Cloud to manage Google entities, which only shows entities that Google supports!
- Devices that require a pin to unlock (locks, covers with window/garage door), you can disable 2FA – only working for English speaking languages, and for other languages it’s not scheduled until Q3 2019
- Moving core Home Assistant configuration away from YAML From 0.94 Home Assistant will begin to store the core settings for Home Assistant in the storage folder, away from YAML.This will allow a new user to Home Assistant to setup their new install without needing to edit configuration.yaml.If you have any settings stored in configuration.yaml, these will override any settings set by the user interface. For example placing your unit settings in YAML means you can’t change it via the UI. This allows backwards compatibility. https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/pull/23872
- New Discovery Engine Home Assistant has the ability to automatically discover devices on your network, such as Google Cast and Philips Hue hubs.The underlying library for this was called netdisco, and with 0.94 this is being phased out and will instead be replaced with a new library.This will allow more devices and Home Assistant components to be automatically discovered, and setup by users easier in the future. Nothing is added to your Home Assistant config without approving the device first via the Home Assistant interface.As of 0.94 a handful of components including Philips Hue, Apple Homekit and Ikea Tradfri have started the migration. So watch out for any breaking changes!To use the updated discovery libraries you’ll need to have default_config enabled in your configuration YAML, or add ssdp: and zeroconf:.
Python 3.5.3 DeprecatedFrom August 1st, you will no longer be able to use Python 3.5.3.
- Automations and scripts created in the UI can now be deleted A long requested feature! https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/pull/23845
- Device trackers getting upgrades First bing change is the ability to rename device tracker entity IDs on-the-fly!
- Watson TTS (IBM Cloud) https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/pull/23299
- Solax Solar Inverters This component retrieves information such as photovoltaic power production, battery levels and power, and how much power is being fed back into the grid.Solax is available in the US, UK, Ireland and Australia. https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/pull/22579
- Azure Event Hub Component You can now track Home Assistant events into the Microsoft Azure Event Hub. Think of this similar to InfluxDB, where your Home Assistant history is sent to. From there you can connect it to another service to visualize your smart home history, similar to what you would do with Graphana. https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/pull/23878
- Remote Raspberry Pi Component Allows you to use a remote Raspberry Pi’s sensors which are connected to its GPIO pins.This allows you to have Home Assistant running on another machine, but still able to leverage switches and binary sensors which can be connected to a remote Raspberry Pi via its GPIO. https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/pull/23518
- Changes to the sun component Prior to 0.94 the sun component would update its attributes like elevation and azimuth every 30 seconds. This meant many many writes to your SD card or recorder databases.From 0.94, Home Assistant will only update the sun attributes as needed, based on a new schedule. This will reduce the number of updates for the sun component to 241 per day, instead of 1,441 that were previously done, depending on location and time of year.If you’re interested to know more about this change, there’s a great explanation in the Pull request by Penny Woodhttps://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/pull/23832 https://www.reddit.com/r/homeassistant/comments/bm62hl/sunsun_chatty_sensor_psa/
- Doorbird Component Monitored_conditions is now deprecated, replaced by events. Tokens are now required on a per-device basis Device schedules are now managed through the Doorbird App, not Home Assistant. https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/pull/23892
- Plex CONF_INCLUDE_NON_CLIENTS has been removed, in favour of a more stable approach to detect all Plex sessions and clients on Plex.Additionally use_custom_entity_ids and entity_namespace have been removed. By default and moving forward any client that connects to Home Assistant wil be prefixed with Plex to avoid collisions. https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/pull/24038 https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/pull/24072
- Zack’s ESP Sprinkler Controller: https://selfhostedhome.com/diy-wifi-sprinkler-controller-using-esp8266-part-1/