Watch this episode on YouTube
Let’s Get Loud
- Improved Performance A big performance increase comes in this release thanks to the JSON/YAML library used by Home Assistant getting some major work.Home Assistant OS and container are automatically upgraded to use Python 3.10
- Update firmware z-wave devices from within Home Assistant You can now upload updated firmware files of your Zwave devices, and Home Assistant will push these out to your Zwave devices.Requires ZwaveJS
- Gauge Cards now have labels
- Filter the history using a target selector
- Change weather units to your preference
- Easily convert values to booleans in templates
- Sonos surround sound control
- Jellyfin now supports movie collections
- The area card can now show flood alerts, humidity and an icon for temperatures
- Pause the logbook stream when scrolling
- Python 3.10
If you’re using a custom component that doesn’t support Python 3.10, you may need to roll back to a previous version until that custom component is upgraded.
bluepy, which is a Bluetooth Python library powering several Home Assistant integrations is not compatible with Python 3.10. As such the following integrations may not work when running Python 3.10Beewi
SmartClim BLE Sensor
Elgato Avea EQ3 Smart Thermostats
- Google Calendars
The scan_for_calendars service has been removed, and should be replaced with a service call to homeassistant.reload_config_entryThe add_event service has been deprecated and should be replaced with a new service called create_event which takes an entity as a target instead of a Google calendar ID.
- NestThe Nest authentication method called “Desktop”, “Installed App” or “OOB” auth has been deprecated by Google and scheduled to break existing users in October.As a result, the Home Assistant Nest integration setup has been streamlined to help make the transition easier for users. See the integration documentation for details.
The configuration of the OAuth application credentials for the Nest integration has migrated to configuration via the UI. Configuring Nest OAuth application credentials via YAML configuration has been deprecated and will be removed in a future Home Assistant release.
If you were already using Web Auth, your existing Nest application credentials in the YAML configuration are automatically imported on upgrade to this release; and thus can be safely removed from your YAML configuration after upgrading.
This applies to all (weather) integrations providing weather entities.Previously the units for Weather had not been corresponding correctly with the documentation. These units are now aligned for pressure and wind speed:
If unit system is metric, default pressure unit is
hPaand the default wind speed unit is
If unit system is imperial, default pressure unit is
inHgand the default wind speed unit is
- Zwave JS version bump