HacktoberfestRegister for Hacktoberfest here: https://hacktoberfest.digitalocean.com/register
Well, a good change… I guess…— Franck Nijhof (@Frenck) October 3, 2020
However, the project/event just signed its own death warrant. Thanks, spammers, another great event down the drain.
Time to get your last Hackterfest t-shirt! ? https://t.co/8yYKMaAZSi
- User and Person Management are now the same To make things a bit easier to understand, “persons” in Home Assistant and “users” have been merged. To add another user to Home Assistant, you’ll now need to create a new Person. From there, you can then grant that Person to login to Home Assistant, which will give them a user role in Home Assistant. Previously you had to setup a person and user separately, and then link the person to the user entity.
- [Correction: This isn’t in 0.116 anymore as it got removed from this release]
Chromecast Media Player Home Assistant can now cast media to Chromecast devices. Helpful for the new media browser component that came in 0.115.As a bonus, if you were streaming your Lovelace dashboard via Chromecast, once your media stream has finished the Chromecast will return back to where it was.
- Uploading Snapshots for Hass.io now supported Want to migrate your Hass.io install to a new system? You can now take a snapshot of your old Home Assistant install, and upload it directly to your new Hass.io install. No more having to enable Samba add ons or anything clunky like that.
- MQTT Tag Scanner Home Assistant can now listen to tag scan events over MQTT. This can allow you to use other devices around your home (like old Android phones) and have tag scan events pushed into Home Assistant. Bonus works with Home Assistant MQTT discovery.
- Logbook now allows selecting multiple entities Now you can view log events for multiple devices from the logbook view
- Zodiac Integration If you’re into Astrology and can never remember what the current Zodiac sign is (which is such a Gemini thing to do!) Home Assistant can now tell you.
- Synology Integration has now moved to Synology DSM Integration Previously there were some missing features, but the Synology DSM Integration has been updated in this release, so there’s no reason to have two integrations doing the same thing.
- AlarmDecoder moves to UI setup You’ll need to remove your YAML config and setup this integration through the interface