Apple buys The Dark Sky weather service
- The Dark Sky announced on April 1st that it has been purchased by Apple
- The Android application has been removed from the Google Play Store
- The web API which many many Home Assistant users use will stop working after 2021
- Integration Icons now featured in the UI
A small touch, but integrations in the front-end now have icons and brand logos in them. For example Philips Hue, Sonos etc.
- Many more integrations can now be configured in the UI
Some highlights include Roku, Logitech Harmony and Rachio
- Map Panel can now show a history of where a person has been
Allows you to trace a history of where a Person has recently been on the Map, if you’re not stuck at home in isolation that is.
- Amazon Echo now supports displaying Home Assistant Cameras
If you’ve got an Amazon Echo Show, and a camera integrated with Home Assistant, you can now ask the little lady to “show the upstairs camera”
- ZHA Adds support for groups
In Zigbee you can group lights together into a Zigbee group, allowing near-simultaneous control over a large group of lights. With this update, these group of lights are automatically added to Home Assistant as a new entity.
- Docker users set to see a performance increase
Some under-the-hood changes to the Home Assistant Core docker containers should see various memory and resource usage improvements.
- Tesla Powerwall Integration
With this integration enabled, Home Assistant will have binary sensors exposed to know when grid power is offline. There’s also various energy and consumption sensors for your Grafana dashboards!
- Philips Hue now supports button press events
If you’re still using the Philips Hue integration with a Hue Hub, you can now see button press events from various Zigbee and Hue buttons linked to your gateway as events in Home Assistant.