Android App gets closer to iOSThe team are smashing through the Android app development, bringing the Android app much closer to the official Home Assistant app for iOS. As part of the latest updates there are now
- Actionable notifications
- Battery sensors exposed to Home Assistant
- Safe Mode Improvements Introduced in 0.105, safe mode is a way for Home Assistant to start up even with an invalid configuration in place. Allowing you to debug your Home Assistant install easily.As of 0.106, Safe Mode will use a red colour scheme so you know for sure you’re in safe mode. Great for those that remember the old Windows 95 days of booting into safe mode. https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/pull/31927
- Person More Info Dialog Clicking a person entity will now bring up more information in the more info dialog, including a map of where the person is!
- Automations created via the interface now default to Device Automations Device automations allow you to create automations using more natural language than service calls.Makes it much easier for users to understand what the automations they are creating will actually do.
- Scripts and Scenes can now set custom icons No more using customize.yaml to do this!
- Global Disaster Alert and Coordination System (GDACS) Another integration for the GeoRSS platform. Unlike other providers, this provider has information for major droughts, earthquakes, floods, tropical cyclones, tsunamis and volcanic activities worldwide. https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/pull/31235
- Minecraft Server Fans of the game Minecraft who are running a local server can now integrate it with Home Assistant. Exposes number of online players, latency time and connection status as sensors. https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/pull/30992
- Tado Water Heaters Tado water heaters are finally supported in Home Assistant! https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/pull/30095
Breaking ChangesLots of breaking changes this release, so be sure to check the release notes before you upgrade
- Tado now support multiple accounts The configuration has been overhauled, so you’ll need to update your config before upgrading. https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/pull/30095
- Some features are now restricted to admin users of Home Assistant Only users with admin access will have the ability to change the Home Assistant theme, or start/stop Home Assistant from the UI. https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/pull/31509 https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/pull/31654
- Tesla Scan Interval Increased Tesla scan interval has been increased to 11 minutes. It was found that the default scan interval of 5 minutes was causing some Tesla cars not to go to sleep, and drain the battery quicker. https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/pull/31194
#IoT sofa ✅— James Callaghan #Microsoft (@jamescallaghan) February 12, 2020
Smart TV pausing + stronger presence plus awesome @home_assistant automation ❤️
This started life powered by a #Sonoff however I was uncomfortable with the unnecessary high-voltage (240v) and the relay clicking so V2 is now powered by an ESP32 + @esphome_ (3.3V). pic.twitter.com/y2XGe57fwY
Yesterday evening was all about my #IoT sofa. Tonight it is all about my #IoT bath sensor. With the help of @home_assistant it reminds me to turn the bath off when it is full and can be placed at different heights. This is prototype 3 and my final design. #zigbee pic.twitter.com/1kkYahmdL1— James Callaghan #Microsoft (@jamescallaghan) February 13, 2020