- 1,000 Integrations!
- Official HomeKit support arrives to Home Assistant. Temperature sensors and cover devices supported first, more to come.
- New charts powered by Chart.js. Much more responsive chart library with support for offline use.
- August Door Locks and Doorbells now integrate with Home Assistant
- Another connected Car – BMW
- Start.ca ISP component
- Another Xiaomi integration – Smart TVs
- Smappee. Monitor electricity, water and gas consumption. Available for most regions.
- Breaking Changes
- Recorder component will now remove data older than 10 days. You can change this in the config, but you must do it before you restart Home Assistant
- Entity ID updates for RainMachine and AirVisual
- USPS Platform fixes. Requires new login credentials
- LimitlessLED will no longer turn on/off between Home Assistant restarts, uses assumed state
- Amazon Smart Home Skill now available in all regions except Japan
- Amazon Smart Skill still in beta (still working out payment provider issues). No payments required yet
- Amazon set to purchase Ring (smart doorbell company) https://techaeris.com/2018/02/27/amazon-set-purchase-ring-adding-smart-home-security-offerings/
- Dan is leaving us 🙁
Dan is a serial podcaster, full time day job worker and a business owner. How he gets time for sleep is anyone's guess. He started podcasting in 2005 with "The Daniel and Gemma show" to go along with a blog he was doing with a friend. Unfortunately those archives have been lost. After a few more attempts over the years at podcasting, he has now been podcasting consistently since 2015. In what little free time he has, apart from spending time with his wife, he writes software, takes photos and plays the piano.