- Reserve Entity IDs!
- Available for Z-wave, Hue, Nest, Sonos, LifX, Apple TV
- Requires a MAC address for a device
- MySQL Sensor
- New Mercedes Me Component
- Xiaomi Universal IR Remote
- Melissa HVAC component
- Goalfeed Integration – Have Home Assistant take actions when a NHL or MLB team scores
- Icon template and entity picture template support for binary sensors
- entity_id has returned for template sensors. This was removed in 0.61 in favour of Home Assistant automatically detecting the entity_ids to watch for each template sensor. Has now been reverted.
- Amazon Echo integration can now control the volume level of speakers linked via Home Assistant. Great for things exposed by Home Assistant as a media player. “Amazon, set the volume to 50 percent on the TV” where the TV could be any media_player component.
- Breaking Changes
- HASS.IO 0.89 – encrypted snapshots
- Disqus Comments
- Disqus was adding some pretty nasty ads onto the Home Assistant website
- Starting with 0.62 release notes, comments will use use community forums instead of Disqus
- Older comments currently removed from the website
- Python 3.4 Deprecation Update
- As of Home Assistant 0.65 (March 10th) the minimum version will be Python will be 3.5.3
- Python 3.4 support was originally scheduled to be removed in 0.64
- All good if you’re using HASS.IO or the stable release which comes with most linux distros
Phil is a Melbourne based web developer who lives and breathes technology. When he's not at his day job, he’s in his home office attempting to simplify his life through complicated tech. If you share Phil’s passion for a smarter world.Website | Smart Home Products